Monday, November 8, 2010

Sugoi Firewall LT glove

I'm disappointed to see Sugoi has done nothing to improve these gloves for 2011. Mine are from last season and they are the most frustrating gloves I've ever owned, and they are the impetus for this blog.
The palm is slippery, particularly when it gets impregnated with daily grime. If I can't grip my steering wheel, how could I hang on to my ski poles. Further to that the palm synthetic fabric invites the cold, offering winter winds a warm place to come in for a visit.
My hands are unremarkable in size, but I struggled to pull them on.
The cuff had to be heavily doctored to allow my hand to fit past the narrow opening. The was a neoprene webb across the cuff to allow increased movement. I cut that out, it was a hindrance. There was velcro on the cuff too, I cut that off too. It was sewn own in reverse order and the hooks were always sticking on the terry cloth nose wipe on the thumb. The reflective decals on the back of the glove have peeled off, and now the seams are coming apart.
Sadly, with a few improvements the Firewall LT could be a great glove, because they fit so well. They fit.....well, like a glove.

PRICE $40 CDN

No comments:

Post a Comment