Saturday, March 13, 2010

Finis Freestyle Snokel


Although my swim coach would never allow me to use this training device, I find it really useful.
It is made specifically for the freestyle stroke and forces me to keep my head down. This had been an issue with my ability before the snokel and now if my head bobs up, I get a mouthful. I think it also enables me to relax more in the water, so I can focus on body position and stroke dynamics.
Although there must be a reason, I wish there was a purge valve to expel liquids, but after some use it's become comforable.
I am not a great swimmer and probably will never be one, but I'll take every advantage I can get, and $40 isn't outrageous to help me with my swim stroke. It's also cheaper than my coach.
Nose plugs are recomended.

No comments:

Post a Comment