Friday, July 2, 2010

Vittoria Zaffiro Pro

My last training tires were a high thread count racing tire, so they wore down pretty good after two seasons and a couple thousand Km's. I have made this mistake in the past, but I vow not to get drawn into the sexiness of road cycling again. I train for Triathlon, sometimes with aero bars and sometimes without, but always with the endurance of TT in the back of my mind.
This year I opted for training tires, it says so right on the box. Lower tread count, TPI=60, and a harder casing for resisting road abrasions. The deep tread fades on the shoulders, and is good for fast cornering and water dispersion, and it has a foldable bead.
The tire comes in five flavours. I went with vanilla, because white is the new black.
PRICE: $45 CDN

1 comment:

  1. Great review, they're long lasting and decently priced - only weak spot is slippery in rain. (Conti 4 Season or Michelin is sticky and good for wet roads, but not as long wearing and more $ too.)
    7/10

    ReplyDelete